CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Who knew!


Who knew blogs could be so fun! I'm quite certain that is everyone knew, everyone would have one. I've just spent the whole morning decorating mine. I haven't even gotten ready for the day or eaten breakfast yet!
I have now seen Enchanted 3 times. I absolutely love that movie! It is just a completely happy movie. A happy ending for everyone (except the villain, of course). If you haven't seen it yet, well, SHAME ON YOU! In fact, invite me and I'll go with you. You'll be walking around for the rest of your life (or at least the next few weeks) singing about true love's kiss. I was in my cooking class the other day and we were supposed to clean up our kitchen units. I started singing the working song quite unintentionally and several people joined in. In my math class on Wednesday we had a substitute teacher so we were all working on assignments we hadn't finished and I happened to have the Enchanted soundtrack in my backpack. The minute I suggested it everyone (yes, even the boys) jumped on the idea and the sub let us put it in. My class was in a very happy mood after that :)
I am of the opinion that the reason our country has such a high depression rate is because people dwell on unhappy things. Every single book we've read in AP English so far has been depressing and ended horribly. If people would be more optimistic and read happy books-even if it's not exactly realistic-they wouldn't be so down on the world. Cullimore was trying to convince our class that happy endings were not possible. We all argued with him. I said that they were possible and he asked us to name someone who we thought was living a fairy tale life. I say that you don't have to live a fairy tale life to live happily ever after. My parents are living happily ever after, in my opinion. They may not have everything, but they love each other and our family. What else matters?
Have you noticed what a amazing effect music has on movies? Think about the part on King Kong when the T-Rex's are fighting. Now think of it with It's a Small World playing in the background. The scene looses all tension and fear and is actually confusingly funny. You wonder what style of dance involves biting each other's heads off. I don't think the composers are given enough credit. The music totally makes the movie. The reason you get scared and tense up for a scary part is because the music is building and building or else it's completely silent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does my heart good that you argue with Cullie. I was too much of an overachieving sycophant to argue back then. I would totally do it now, though. Except I like to avoid conflict. . . I guess the world will never know.

Love the new look.

Caiti said...

i love that movie, too! especially the music, and i *did* dance around and pretend life was a musical the whole day after i saw that!!!