I got tagged a while ago by both my sister and my sister-in-law, but I haven't written anything because I couldn't think of 6 things no one knew. Last night I brought this up to my mother and Jenny and my mom reminded me of one, so I decided to just write about one thing at a time. That way it's not such a daunting task.
#1: When I was little I was a chronic liar and thief. I had absolutely no conscience whatsoever. My parents were really worried about me-that I would grow up and end up in jail the first chance I got. I remember one time my sister saved all of her Halloween candy for months. I knew where it was and that was way too much temptation for a 5-year-old, so I got it, hid out under her bed, and ate it all. One by one. Well, my sister caught me with a mouth full. "You can't eat my candy!" she cried. "What candy?" I asked innocently, even though there were wrappers strewn all over me and my mouth was so full that she could barely understand what I said.
The way that I learned to ride a bike was actually all thanks to my cunning thievery. I was the earliest in my family to learn, thank you very much. You see, we had this neighbor named Will Hill. Will had this bike. It was a tiny bike, so it fit me perfectly. I don't really remember it much, but I think it had a yellow seat. Anyway, I would steal Will's bike on a daily basis and my mother would make me return it on a daily basis. It seems like I won in the end. Correct me if I'm wrong (my siblings would remember this more than me), but I think I ended up with the bike. Poor Will Hill.
Well, I eventually grew out of this habit, thank heaven, though not until I was about 10. My sister said that she used me as an example to comfort one of her piano student's worried mothers. I'm glad I was able to do that. See? I didn't turn out all bad, considering how I started out!
Friday, January 18, 2008
1 thing that no ono knows about me
Posted by Claire at 12:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You were the hugest theif in the world! You had Mom and Dad sooooo stressed out! I was just appalled. You just had absolutely no concept of reality, therefore, no concept of what was right and wrong. I think this is why you believed you could glow...or be a princess, or be a 'mune' if we told you you were. I do think you were younger than five with the candy incident just because I remember your round cheeks covered in chocolate and it was in our old house. I think we moved when you were about 5 cause I was about 12.
I think you turned out just dandy!
Hey! I'm so glad you found me. Just so you know, you are an incredible young woman. I know Brittany is proud to have you as her little sister, and I would be too. You're a great girl, don't EVER forget it! Stay in touch.
claire, i love your blog. it's way cute. this is meghan holmes by the way. haha. well anyways way cute!
meg
Hey Claire!!! I love you so much! I have a blog now! I'm on the phone with Shella right now, and we're both reading your blog and cracking up! Call me some time my friend!
Post a Comment