CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2008

Almost Old


Well, the time I've waited all of my life for is almost here: graduating from high school. I've been so ready for this day for years, but now that it's finally creeping up on me, I'm not sure I'm prepared. Sure I'm ready to be done with school. Heck, I've had senioritis for years! I'm just not sure I'm ready to leave my friends. I've had such a well structured life for so long. Now that I'm faced with the unknown I'm feeling a little apprehensive. Not nervous exactly, I'm sure it'll all be ok. Just mostly sad. I'm checking out a week earlier than everyone else to go watch my brother's graduation from law school, so I'm missing a lot of the typical closure activities. I'm missing my last choir concert, and as the choir president I feel really bad about that. I absolutely love choir. It changed my life and attitude so much. I made some amazing friends there. In fact I feel like all 26 (I'm including Mr. Morrise) of us are best friends. We can tell each other anything. That's what happens when the gift of music is involved. You almost don't have a choice. I love it!
I'm also missing the seminary senior testimony meeting. I'm the vice president in the seminary council, so I feel really bad about that. I was looking forward to hearing the testimonies of my peers and being able to share mine. I have a very strong testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel. The promise about asking and receiving (was it Moroni?) can change lives. I'll never be able to deny that I know the truth.
I've made such good friends with all of those kids on the council! Some that I never imagined speaking to in my life. I'm so grateful for the chance that I was given to be with them. It was a great blessing. I'll truly miss them all. Maybe we can have seminary council reunions!
There is also a scholarship-presenting-ceremony-thing on Wednesday that I will not be able to attend, but that's ok. Jody said he'd take care of it for me. It would just have been fun to see all of the scholarships my peers get.
It is starting to strike me that I'm not going to see some of these kids again. Maybe ever. I really have a great class. Sure, we have our share of...unique individuals, but for the most part I love them all. Even the unique ones. I've had the opportunity to get to know many people from all groups last year and this year through the different activities I've done and I've learned that, for the most part, people are good. They may look strange and have some weird ideas, but they are worth getting to know. I will truly miss high school.

P.S. Golly! I need to learn how to write shorter or something!

1 comments:

Brittany said...

This makes me want to cry for you! High school is a good time. College is too though, so you can look forward to that. Just bare in mind that you are a possible wife for every guy that meets you and you'll realize why all of a sudden the guys are actually mature and fun(ner) to be around in college. I love you!