CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A word about sinks...


Okay, who was the genius that invented sink faucets with a knob that has to be held down at all times in order for the water to come out? What in the world were they thinking?! You can only wash one hand at a time, which isn't very effective, not to mention is incredibly annoying. Let me explain/show you step by step:

First the right hand holds down the knob while you get your left hand wet. Then your wet left hand holds down the knob while you get your right hand wet, making a soggy mess of the counter. Then, when satisfied that both hands are sufficiently wet, you dispense the soap in your hands and scrub happily. When you're done you reach for the knob, and (uh oh!) realize that your hands are covered in soap. In order to wash off your right hand you have to hold the knob with your soapy left hand, making an even bigger mess and getting the knob soapy! So then you're at a loss for what to do because in order to wash off your left hand you'll have to get your recently-rinsed right hand soapy again by touching the knob, thus starting the process over again! Grrr!!!! People! Come on! Think these things through before you put them in to mass production!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll tell you what I do, because I live in my own world, where I am brilliant despite the stupidity of everyone else:

I basically just go crazy over the whole sink, and basically end up wetting, soaping, lathering, and rinsing, the whole sink. Time-consuming, yes. Messy, yes. Effective? It's the only way.

Enjoy!

Unknown said...

AMEN!. I TOTALLY TOTALLY TOTALLY HATE THOSE SINKS!!! no one likes em. why do they do it? idk.

Kimber said...

I'll bet that the person who invented these sinks has a very good sense of humor and likes to watch people like you wash there hands! Dang. Why didn't I think to invent them?

Kimber said...

And I ment to spell "their" not "there"...but I posted it right when I noticed my mistake =)

Anonymous said...

Hey someone gave me your blog to add to the HHS alumni blog I started. Check it out and let me know if that's ok :)
And if you know of any others that might be missing let me know or spread the word! Thanks :)
Stephanie Lindhardt
www.hurricanehighalumni.blogspot.com
ps- couldnt agree more! :) (about the sink thing)